Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The beginning of the road!

So, today I decided to let you know more about who I am and give you a sneak peek into my early singing performances since I started quite young!

The first time I ever sung in front of an audience is unfortunately not documented. I sung a french song for my favourite childhood figure Dorothee. I lived in France so I used to watch Dorothee club every day.

Anyway, the second time I performed, it was at my school's field day (last day of school). I sung "My Heart Will Go On" the year the Titanic movie was out. I was 12 years old! It was such a hard song but I was convinced that I could do it, only with a karaoke music, no vocals to help me... I must say I did quite well for a kid my age. I now do sing it much better of course.


So, here are images to show you how I looked. I was wearing my mom's long white dress :) which I adore. I was even inspired by Celine Dion! I do consider this day as one that marked my life since it meant a lot to me. I was applauded; I was complimented later by parents and teachers. But what really happened in the backstage was that I cried.

I cried... because of self-criticism! I felt I could do much better. I knew I needed more practise. I knew it was the beginning of a road. But I had no patience and I wanted to mature ahead of my time. That didn't apply to singing alone. I felt that way altogether. Well, I guess it's part of who I am. And I accept it now, trying to live each moment and every day to the fullest. Do so too!

1 comment:

  1. I hope one day I'll see you with on a big stage
    where MY BABY STAR will shine and show the world
    the best of her talent and the spread her light
    everywhere
    with all my love MOM

    ReplyDelete