Tuesday, October 26, 2010

I got my eyes on you...

During the wekend, I had a mini photo shoot whereby my boyfriend was the photographer. He’s a very talented person; a self-taught photographer.
The session was focused on only taking pictures of the eyes. It was time-consuming and required a lot of patience. First, the style of the make-up had to be defined then the actual implementation had to take place. Afterwards, we had to choose a location that was well-lit and clear from clutter. Then, some shots had to be taken as proofs to make sure that the light, position, angles, reflections, etc. were all correct.
I kept thinking of how the model should have a lot of patience and must be ready to pose for long periods of time as this is exactly what I did. I had previously posed as a model 3 or 4 times (not for fashion rather for friends’ projects and a TV program), however, I forgot how demanding and exhausting it was.

One of the pictures I took the liberty to personally modify. Hope you like it! ;)


And I guess everything requires such effort, especially singing. First, there is nothing as time-consuming as singing. It needs patience, focus and a lot of time as one has to keep practising for hours every single day. Second, wanting to sing makes one worry about not getting sick and always being cautious not to have throat aches. One becomes more aware of his/her health condition. Third, in singing, one has to think of how to constantly better his/her vocals to come out with better sounds and cool rhythms. Fourth, to sing is to have control over the voice, which is probably the hardest part, in my opinion. I could go on forever.
The point is: Singing is not just a voice on a CD, a famous artist on TV and in pictures in magazines. It takes a lot of personal effort to better oneself and come up with all those fabulous songs that we put on our ipods, on our laptops, in our cars, in our homes, etc.
It's amazing to sing. Try it at home. Try it even if you are not interesting in singing for an audience ever. Try an easy song and try a hard one; see the difference in your voice and if you can make it sound good. Do something new and exciting. It's a good feeling, even if you get the notes wrong. SING AWAY... Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment