Thursday, November 25, 2010

My favorite instrument: the elegant piano

My favorite instrument is the piano. When I listen to someone playing the piano, I get the goosebumps and sometimes, it even makes me cry. That is because it was always my intention to learn how to play the piano but I never had the chance to complete the necessary courses to play properly. I have learned the piano twice in my life and I have stopped at some point. I now own a keyboard and am learning on my own, which is the hardest way but nonetheless a way for a person with a strong will.


The difficulty lies in the techniques used to learn how to memorize the notes on the music sheet and on the piano and never forget them. I reckon the best way is to practice every day and be committed. Every person seems to have a way in which to visualise which notes lie where on the scale and on the piano at once. It mustn't be hard but one must never forget to practice as the exercise will refresh the memory and make the thought clearer in the mind.

It is not hard to play an instrument as long as one has the time, patience and will to learn and invest in this passion. The result of this hard work is surely rewarding as one will better enjoy the beauty of music whether alone or with others. Playing an instrument is an art in which one expresses his/her joys, pains, love, anger, and a multitude of feelings that others also feel and enjoy listening to.

Music is a universal language that makes the world seem bright when it is dark, pretty when it gets ugly, light when its weight becomes heavy, simple when it looks complicated. Everything becomes more agreeable with music. To me, the piano is that one instrument that soothes all stresses and pains. It has such a delightful sound that makes one wonder, wander and get lost in space and time. I'd very much like to some day own a white grand piano. It's a pleasure to look at, I'm sure it must be amazing to play on it!



No comments:

Post a Comment