Sunday, December 19, 2010

It's Christmas Time!

It's Christmas time! I bought a 2-disc Christmas CD that contains popular Christmas songs sang by the likes of Ella Fitzgerald, Frank Sinatra, Bing Crosby. It's so magical to be transported to a time where songs and recordings were different from today. There is a certain warmth and depth in the voice of Frank Sinatra for example that I can't feel in anyone else's voice.

I can already feel the Christmas spirit with every passing day. I am very excited as I will be spending it with my family, whom I miss so much! On Christmas eve, we have the tradition of putting Christmas songs and hymns and singing along with them. When I used to be in the AUB Choir, I used to have my music scores and I was able to sing more than just the traditional records... Now, I'll be able to join the best voices in history in praising the Lord on that special evening.

There is one song from our time that I can't but listen to during the Christmas season: All I Want for Christmas is You for Mariah Carey. Its rythm is so lively and its lyrics so expressive. Everybody wants somebody on Christmas. We all want to be with our loved ones. So, join your family and friends to celebrate the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ and don't forget to sing along some yuletide carols...

No comments:

Post a Comment