Sunday, December 12, 2010

David Guetta... You're the best!

Last Thursday, I spent a really good time at the Creamfields event in Abu Dhabi. It was held on the Yas Island (where the Formula One circuit is) which has been used as a venue for many international artists' performances. The place was crowded although there was space for more people to be present.

A lot of DJs performed, among which were MadJam (I didn't know he was Lebanese until that night), Dizzee Rascal (who played a song to make sure we don't forget his F***IN name), and AfroJack (who put on a good show and did a good job in keeping people entertained before David Guetta showed up). I was very surprised as to how free the artists and DJs were in their choice of words and music. The F word was everywhere in addition to a lot of foul language. People were enjoying it but it just surprised me how some scenes in the movies are cut and this was allowed in a public event.


So, David Guetta was extremely late that a lot of people got impatient, left the event, wouldn't stop swearing, and shouted out to Guetta. Finally, at 5 a.m. in the morning, David Guetta showed up. He apparently came straight from a 30 hour flight from LA. He apologized and put on a great show as usual. I was disappointed though that he didn't play ONE LOVE. The screen just lit up with the words "ONE LOVE, DAVID GUETTA" and that was it. He left. No encore. Nothing. He disappeared. And people just left as I assume nobody could stand on his/her feet at 6 a.m. I really wanted him to come back and play one more song. But he didn't, even after I shouted out to him! :)

THE DAVID GUETTA
So, despite the disappointment and the wait, I'd like to express my admiration and appreciation to the music that David Guetta is creating, composing, producing, and collaborating with other artists on. I think he's the number one DJ. I would also like to say how much I'd like to collaborate with him myself. ;)  I'll be working on it. Dreams come true.

LOVE YOU DAVID GUETTA!

YEAY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment