Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Recent Updates

I've been very busy lately so excuse the long absence! I just started my new job and I have a training in Lebanon so I am really not able to do much with my time. However, last week when I was still in Dubai, I went to check a music institute where I was inquiring about the vocal and piano lessons.

I met with the teacher who was so energetic and had a touch of "craziness" which is an ingredient every musician/music enthusiast must have! I was very excited, happy to exercise my voice again, to be encouraged to let it out and give my all. I had a good time performing weird exercises that singers have to do, remembering the techniques and singing my favorite songs.

I plan on enrolling in a music institute once I am back in Dubai to continue my vocal training. I promise to post a small demo soon... I miss recording! :)

On another note, I went out to a night club in Dubai last weekend that had a one-man show who plays Arabic music on a keyboard. It was interesting to listen to all the typical Arabic songs that make people dance and remember some of the wild nights in Lebanon! It's been a long while since I attended such a show.

There was no belly dancer, but the people dancing on oriental rythmes is something to see and experience, especially that oriental dance is sensual and expressive. For those of you who live in this part of the world or are from this part of the world, you would know what I am talking about. For those of you who have never been to an Arabic one-man show night out, you will find it's quite an experience by itself! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment