Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Karma... Kafe

Last weekend, my friends and I went to a beautiful place in Dubai called "Karma Kafe". It's a restaurant and bar that serves Asian fusion cuisine. Karma Kafe belongs to the creator of the famous Buddha Bar apparently; which explained the interior decoration, the mood and the music.

As I had dinner there, I observed the small buddha statues all over the walls and a large one I was sitting next to. The crimson color was clearly dominant as one enters the place.What I loved the most was the music that was playing. It wasn't too loud nor was it just background music. It was perfect for the ambiance. Many familiar tracks from the Buddha Bar CDs were played and the mood transported me to another world. It was a lovely evening.



Me next to Big Buddha!

The place reminded me of Buddha Bar club in Lebanon although it was quite different. The music however was similar and I thought of how much I like such environments. Chill out and lounge music create a relaxing and pleasant atmosphere that entices one to stay in it for hours without realizing it. It's amazing how music can affect people's experiences! I love to keep discovering such places. I seem to have missed the "Cafe Del Mar" bar when I went to Ibiza last summer but I will surely go back to witness the majestic sunset and listen to the best chill out music! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment