Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Video Clips... An art!

I've been listening to songs that are played regularly on the radio so I thought I'd take a look at their videos on youtube (I keep thinking:Youtube, What a revolutionary site!). The songs' lyrics are positive and the rhythms upbeat and they just give me a good feeling; I thought the videos should be cool.

One of those songs is "Dance Again" for Jennifer Lopez ft. Pitbull. The version I watched had the following words at the beginning of the video: "Always Remember... You will live, you will love, you will dance again". Inspiring. I like JLo's dance with her sexy body moving around. The effects in the clip are also cool: the silver glitters, the rotating cube chamber, the ceiling art made of naked people. Novelty for a change.



"Let's go" is another song by Calvin Harris featuring Ne-yo that has quite an interesting subject for its video clip. We go through a day in the life of 3 couples in 3 cities (Rio, Los Angeles, Tokyo) who enjoy each other's company and life by living the moment. I like the part of the song that says " It's not about what you've done, it's about what you're doing. It's all about where you're going no matter where you've been" as what really matter are our decisions that will affect our current and future status. So let's go!



Rihanna's song "Where have you been" has hit the music scene and there's nobody I know who hasn't heard the song or know it or seen its video. I fell in love with the drums and the beats. Rihanna's "nudism" movement is also appealing and she looks radiant in her videos, with all her sexy dance moves. It seems to me her videos always have a touch of mysticism, which I like! The settings of the shoot definitely help set the environment.


As dance songs; I find them quite engaging and upbeat. Just the kind of music you would like to listen to on an night out, in the morning to wake you up or with friends and especially if you have your dancing shoes on. Check out Rihanna's moves; you might learn a thing or two. ;)

Videos are a complimentary art that are becoming a must nowadays with the increase in the demand of the audience and the competitiveness among artists in the music industry. They can help in promoting the song and artist or depreciating them depending on the quality and the projections of the content. Let's hope we see more of the positivism in the videos and songs to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment