Wednesday, August 3, 2011

DRIVE RESPONSIBLY.

I've been really busy lately with work; however the novelty in my life is driving. I got a rental car for a start to get used to the roads and while waiting to find the car I want to buy. Driving is not a game! I am fully aware of that and I consider myself to be a cautious driver, alert at all times and careful from others' reckless driving. However, we are all prone to do mistakes and the smallest of them can cost us a lot.

A few days ago, I was going out of the mall heading toward my house when a beautiful song played on the radio. I turned the volume up and became a bit more enthusiastic than I should've, I suppose. The car twisted slightly as I adjusted it at a bend as the speed got higher. It was only a split of a second; but that moment really got to me.

Music is definitely something to enjoy while driving, however it could become a distraction and sometimes cause one to lose complete focus and control on the car if too loud. Please be careful while driving; i.e.: don't dance :P , don't deafen yourself with loud music, don't drink alcohol, don't speak on the phone, don't message, don't bbm, don't speed up, don't get too excited over anything to avoid losing control of the car.
Enjoy driving, there's nothing too urgent (unless you're an ambulance)! Your life is worth a lot more than to lay it down for some jerk to take it away from you and break the hearts of your loved ones, for a silly mistake or crazy ride.

My post today was also inspired by the campaign "Taxi Night" that an active organization for the awareness of road safety in Lebanon "Kunhadi" did last night. My sister told me about it as she was going out to Skybar, a nightclub in Lebanon.The concept was to arrive and leave to and from the club by taxi; no cars allowed! The idea is really creative and helps a lot in spreading the intended message.

So enjoy your ride, your music, your night out and DRIVE RESPONSIBLY!

No comments:

Post a Comment